This program is part of one of the one day adventure tours. The tour can start from Antigua Guatemala or Guatemala City, depending on where you are. The Pacaya Volcano is the most active volcano in Guatemala, with a height of 2500 meters. over the sea, the environment is made up of wet forests and rocks. It has stunning views of the Calderas Lagoon and three other volcanoes: Agua, Fuego and Acatenango. The Volcano of Pacaya is easily accessible, so it is not necessary to be in good shape to climb it. You will visit the edges of the base of the main cone to see the eruption of lava if it were active. It is a complete adventure in a single day. The climb time is 2 and a half hours. You can also do the horseback riding. It is one of the best adventure experiences in Guatemala.
- Hike and Hiking Horse Riding.
- Trip Lenght: Half Day Tour.
- Price: From $ 70 per person.
- Difficulty: Moderately Easy.
- Price: 1 person $ 85 per person.
- 2-4 people $ 75 person
- 5-10 people $ 70 per person.
- 07:00 AM: Transfer from your hotel in Guatemala City. If you are staying in Antigua Guatemala, the departure will be at 08:00 a.m. to start the Pacaya Volcano Tour.
- 09:15 AM: Arrival at San Vicente Pacaya, where the ascent walk will begin.
- 10:00 AM: Arrival at the viewpoint of the Calderas Lagoon, where you will have the opportunity to have a good view of the Agua, Fuego and Acatenango volcanoes.
- 11:00 AM: After a pleasant walk along the volcanic sand paths with excellent views of the volcanoes and unique vegetation, you will reach the plateau where you can see the volcano’s main crater. We are not going to visit the crater of the volcano, for safety reasons, but you will see the lava (if active) and steam baths created by the heat of the Pacaya volcano. Rest for about 15 minutes. We will try to get to the lava to see it up close if it is available.
- 12:00 PM: The descent walk begins.
- 01:00 PM: Arrival at San Vicente Pacaya.
- 02:00 PM: Transfer to your hotel in Guatemala City or Antigua Guatemala.
The tour includes: Ground transportation, professional guide in your language, all tickets and taxes, and 1 bottle of water. Horse riding is included.
We pick up at downtown hotels and residences in Guatemala City in zones 1, 2, 4, 9, 10, 13 & 14 and in Tikal Futura, Vista Real & AC Marriot. If you are in another area, please send us an email with the location to verify if it has additional cost.